Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cantwell- Chriscoe Wedding!!

Last week I had the honor of standing by Mrs. Sara Chriscoe's side at her wedding. 
It was perfect and beautiful, and I am so happy for her and Will.

We headed back down to Raleigh on Thursday morning because we wanted to check out the city before all the festivities began.The universities in the area are beautiful, and Ricky being the college basketball nerd that he is ( that I LOVE oh so much!) made sure we stopped at both Duke and UNC's basketball stadiums.
Ricky at Duke's Cameron Stadium. They also had a really cool Hall of Fame that we toured.


Ricky definitely bleeds only garnet and gold, but he also has a lot of love and respect for coach K.


Once we arrived in the city we all meet at Sara and Will's home, and it was soo cute. We also got to meet Howie : ) Who infamously got into Sara's shoes that night
Sara handled this situation, better than I would have -lol. Poor Will discovered the shoes first, and the fear on his face before Sara saw the shoes was priceless. She saw them and immediately said, " It's cool I have back-up" with a huge smile her face. You could see all of us sigh at once with relief, ha ha. Thank goodness that this was seriously the worst thing that happened the entire weekend : )

After we all said hello and caught up for a while - we then headed out to the Chriscoe's family home for a welcome BBQ. The pig roast was AMAZING! The Chriscoe family were wonderful hosts.
I'm really kicking myself now, but I didn't take any photos that night. I got caught up with meeting new people and catching up with some old ones as well.  Sorry no picks of the BBQ : (

The following morning we headed back to the Chriscoe home for a really cute bridal luncheon. It was the perfect way for all of the bridesmaids to get to know each other a little better.
These cuties were made by Will's aunts who also threw the bridesmaid's luncheon for us.




Sara gave us great bridesmaid's gifts. We all got custom monogrammed cold drink cups and pink cotton robes. Along with a bridesmaid's survival kit- that came in handy more than once ; )

After lunch we all helped Sara with her last minute errands, and headed back to the hotel to get ready for the rehearsal. Again I sucked with taking pictures, and I have none of the church or the rehearsal dinner. 
But as someone who was there let me tell you- it was pretty freakin good, lol.
* little side note* I totally fell flat on my butt at the rehearsal, ha ha. It was in the annex on the carpeted stairs. Of course you can see through the glass wall, and I slid all the way to the floor. I gracefully gave everyone a thumbs up and quietly sulked back to the bathroom. This is not the first time I have fallen as a bridesmaid at someone's rehearsal, 
and I'm afraid I have now established a "thing", lol.

On the day of the wedding we all headed down to a large suite in our cute pink robes to get ready for the big day. Mr. & Mrs. Cantwell were awesome with food and drinks ( including some mimosas) throughout the day. We each took our turns with hair and makeup and had a great time relaxing before the big event.

Jessica with her hair and makeup all done just relaxing
One of the beautiful shots the photographer had taken with her dress

Sara and Will opted for a Trolley car for the ride to the church and reception. I LOVED IT! In this photo is Erin (maid of honor) and Emily K. and Emily J.

Jessica and Sara's little Cousin who was a junior bridesmaid

Lauren Will's sister and Lauren the reader at the ceremony
Erin also caught a picture of me in my super cool shades, lol and Sara

Since I was in the bridal party  I have none of the beautiful church were her and Will were married in. The church was beautiful with large arrangements of white hydrangeas and roses. What even made this church more special was the history behind it. The church is the Chriscoe's family church, and it was the church Will grew up attending.  It was again, beautiful and perfect in every way.

Sneak picture of the new Mr. & Mrs. Chriscoe on our way to the reception

Sara did a great job with the reception, and one of the personal touches were all the table numbers. On each one was a picture of her and Will at that age. They were all so cute!
one of her many beautiful floral arrangements

The drop dead gorgeous entry table

A view of the reception hall from the second floor before guest were allowed in


Some Gamma Phi Beta love at the reception

The vintage car Sara and Will drove off in

You know you had a good time when you now need a vacation after your vacation, lol. We had a blast in Raleigh! Now once Sara and Will  get back from Antigua we all need to plan for next year's reunion ; )
Have a great week- Luv Di

No comments:

Post a Comment