Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New digs and more!

As you saw on my last post our home is on a countdown to being  "ours no more". With that in mind I've also officially transitioned full time into a new career, eek!  Some people have asked where we are moving? Well we  have decided to rent for the next year in downtown Austin. We are planing on taking a little brake from working on a house, and just want to relax and travel a little more next year. But don't worry we plan on getting back into home ownership next year ; )With so many scary, but great changes going on I've kinda but the blog on the back burner. But have no fear because I have returned! A little update is below : )
 
Unfortunately we have no Easter pictures to share, so sorry. We did have a fabulous time with our family in Houston, but sometimes you just want to enjoy the moment vs. document it ; )
 
Also I want to give a little Chloe update for all the friends and family out there that knew of the little scare we went through on Easter weekend. For those of you who aren't familiar with Chloe she is our family dog.  Our first and only fur-baby, and we love her sooooo much. She is a 7 year old black lab mix that I have raised since she was a tiny little puppy my senior year in college.
     The Friday of Easter weekend I took her into the vet for her annual shots, and to have her hip examined.  During this time the vet found a rather large mass under her neck fat close to her thyroid. Needless to say I freaked out. The mass is huge and I felt like it came out nowhere. We immediately drew blood for a few tests, but her results were not going to be ready until the end of the following week. My mind went to the worse place all weekend- trying to prepare myself for the possibility of it being cancer. I am my Father's daughter and I tend to worry about EVERYTHING, lol. Since we were in Houston I decided to go ahead and research A&M Veterinary School small animal clinic (particularly their oncology department and ongoing studies). By the end of the weekend  I was so stressed out that Ricky and I decided to just go to the clinic and have them do whatever needs to be done. I just wanted her to be taken care of ASAP. Well after a full day of tons of different diagnostic tests we were able to conclude the mass is benign. We are beyond grateful that our prayers had been answered!! The mass does need to be removed, but the Chloe-ster is happy and healthy : )
I do want to point out that we currently have pet insurance with her, and I highly recommend it if you do not have it. In the past year alone we have had several "out of the blue" moments with her, and to not be financially burdened during a very stressful time is priceless.
 Just do it- and do it now rather than later.
 
A few weeks ago we had the most delicious crawfish at Evangeline's down in South Austin with our friends Becca and Sam.  You know it's good stuff when you get the approval of Louisiana folks ; )
 

This is snap shot of our new favorite bar "Moontower". It's got fire pits, live music, and tons of outdoor seating. Unfortunately it's everyones favorite so the place gets pretty packed.
 

This a picture my sister sent me of her recent travels in Australia. Her boyfriend Grant is from Sydney, and he got to show her around the country with family and friends for a few weeks.
 
 Ricky and I can occasionally get our fix for Cuban and Colombian food from a great restaurant near our new place called Casa Columbia. This place always cures us when we feel a little home sick for South Florida.
 
Last weekend Austin had it's annual Hot Rod Rally downtown. This was only a snap shot of the thousands of cars that were lined up on South Congress. We had most of the Houston family in town to celebrate my sister- in law and mother in-law's birthdays! ( both were born on April 7th)
 

 
I'm obsessed with these cute tear drop trailers, and this one was display on south congress during the hot rod parade.
 
Another view of the Rally all along South Congress to the Capital.
 
This picture  is blurry I know, but I found it too funny to not share. That is not a sweater on that dog, but her coat was partially colored that way, lol.
On Sunday, as part of birthday celebration, we decided to visit the Wildflower center. My Mother-in-law is a wonderful gardener, and she LOVES flowers. It was a big hit with everyone :)
 
the observation tower
 
one of the many gardens and wind sculptures
 
another garden
 
I just thought this little turtle family sunbathing was so cute!
 
 
We ended our afternoon at the famous Salt Lick BBQ and vineyard. It was a perfect afternoon to sit outside with a few drinks and listen to the live music with some delicious BBQ meats : )
 
Loved these limited addition wines for the another large musical festival out here - and it's happening really soon! Unfortunately we can't go this year since we will be moving that weekend, boo :(
 

My cute sister in-law with her first official legal beer, she turned 21!! Wahoo! Now we get to take her to the really fun bars downtown ; )
 
another picture of the beer garden
 
a far away view of the delicious smoked meat pit
 
This man had a pretty little impromptu serenade during our meal. Anywhere else you might think it's weird, but in Austin- it's the norm, ha ha.
 
my handsome hubster- Love this man!

Well have a good week everyone!- Luv Di

 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new place. I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete