Friday, August 24, 2012

Yanni and Birthday festivites

Ha ha, I bet you never thought I would have those to 
things together on this blog ; )
Well it just so happens that one of my good childhood friends is an amazing singer who tours with Yanni, and I was fortunate enough to kinda shadow her when she was preforming here in Austin. I'll be honest- I was not very familiar with Yanni's music before his show here in Austin, but the show really surprised me ( in a good way). Of course the vocalists were amazing ( this may be a bias opinion but I seriously don't care) but the whole orchestra and band blew me away as well. Then Don't forget the best part of all, the reason they all came together on stage, Yanni. It was great catching up and hanging out with Lauren.  It was even an extra special treat to hang out with her back stage, and to see the inner working of her tour ( lets face it this will be probably the only time I'm ever back stage of any world tour, lol). Everyone I met was so friendly and nice; it's easy to see why she has been doing this for almost 2 years. She just ended this stint of her tour, and she is resting up at home in NYC. Congrats on a great run Lauren!! I am so excited to see what you are up to next!!

the stage during sound check

backstage view of the show

view from the stage of the venue

Lauren and I on stage before the show during her VIP tour she guided

my awesome seat before the show started

I tried really hard to get a picture of Lauren on stage but this was the best I got

Me with her pass that she gave me while she was performing. It was pretty cool to walk around anywhere back stage. PS- please disregard my weird red eyes I had really bad allergies going on that day

Lauren showing me her tour bus- I swear I have the same picture somewhere with her on our 5th grade DC trip- I just need to find it ; )

Her humble abode while she is traveling from place to place on the road. If you know Lauren she has always had a thing for chocolate, lol. So I brought her some cookies from a local shop here in town called Tiff's Treats to nibble on while they traveled to Dallas that night.

Last Wednesday was also my handsome husband's 28th Birthday! We celebrated with a happy hour at Bangers in the Rainey St. district. While not everyone was able to make it we still had a pretty big group join us, and we had a blast! I was definitely paying for it the next day ; )
Ricky with a celebratory pint at Bangers
 We then headed to Houston for the weekend where we celebrated with all our family out there. Karen, Aunt Dorthy & Uncle Gary all came out for a birthday dinner at the Jordan Casa, it was wonderful.
Ricky's sister Katie took this little nugget while I was getting ready to light Ricky's cake with our family on Saturday night

 We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and enjoying down time with the family. It was a wonderful weekend all around! Now we are resting up for our 1st anniversary trip to New Orleans on Labor Day weekend !!! Have a great weekend- Luv Di

No comments:

Post a Comment