Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween 2012

We have been intentionally laying low the up until last weekend. This is really the month we try to take it easy as much as possible because once November hits we are crazy busy with traveling and family visits.  That being said, we had not only one but two parties this past weekend. We aren't that popular usually, lol . But it was really nice to catch up with the Tuleys and dance into the night at the house monster bash : )



Lets start with the weekend before...
Brunch at Red's Porch for the LSU game

View from brunch of the green belt

Ricky and I then headed over to the watch bar for the FSU vs. UM game

everyone at the watch bar

a panoramic view of the watch bar via Ricky's new iphone

Sunday dinner at one of the best trailers in the city

Our delicious meal from East Side Kings- my favorite is the brussels sprouts salad : )


This past weekend ...


This past Saturday I grabbed Chloe's BFF Nola for a hike with Ricky & I before all the Halloween Festivities

picture of the trail

Ricky hanging out on what use to be part of a waterfall,but is now a dry hole like most of the creek bed that ran through the green belt

I climbed this tree after a bet from Ricky; I didn't get very far but won the bet lol

For Halloween I was Flo the progressive lady, and I have to admit I think I pulled it off pretty well. It had to be the easiest costume

Ricky and Jimi were Tubbs and Crocket from Miami Vice

One of the Tuley's neighbors had this parked outside - it was just too perfect not to pass up
The hostess of the night- Heather as a ghostly princess  ( on the right) and the cutest new mom-to-be Ann as a lobster

This isn't my picture but there was no way I couldn't post a picture of John's awesome costume. Every year it is so intricate and great! He and Heather threw a great party with eerie fog through out the house, frozen hands in the punch, and awesome decorations everywhere.

Our next stop was to the Monster Bash over at Ry and Ryan's house
Roommates and co-host Ry and Ryan aka Edward scissor hands and shot President JFK

Love these costumes by Morgan and her friend in town for the weekend- Mexican day of the dead dolls


Uncle Ed from King Pin
This by far was the most creative costume of the night to me : ) If you have read the book then the words on Megan's back will definitely make you crack up, lol .
There were so many great costumes that night including a garden gnome, roller derby girls, and the Spartan Cheerleaders (with their own set of cheers, of course). Some  were on their way out as we were coming in so I wasn't able to get pictures of them : (
But we ended up dancing the night away with everyone who stuck around. It was a lot of fun, and I'm already working on next year's costume! Have a great week- Luv Di

No comments:

Post a Comment