Monday, October 1, 2012

Just another weekend in the books : )

This past weekend we had planned on getting in a little fall camping, but the rain dictated other wise. So instead on Friday I snuggled up with my favorite guy and fur ball, and we caught up on some "Breaking Bad"  episodes with Netflix ( Ricky and I are really getting into this series-we highly recommend it if you are looking for something new to watch!)

On Saturday we headed out to the FSU vs USF watch party down at Star Bar. After our great win : )  we  made our way out to a few other bars to watch the rest of  college football's late night games. It was one of those fun, kinda random but nothing crazy kinda nights. We meet a few news friends, and had a great time with some oldies but goodies.
Our late night snack stop on Saturday. It is one of Ricky's favorite food trailers downtown, and since they moved up north for lunch this is pretty much the only time that he can get it now
He was really excited,lol ( please excuse the blurriness of this photo but this was how I was seeing everything at this point, lol. It was best that I put some food in my belly ; )
 On Sunday we made our way to the Pecan Street Festival downtown for a few hours and met up with our friends Sam and Becca who had already made their way down. The Pecan Street Festival is a big art festival the city puts on twice a year that they make open to the public. They section off a large part of downtown and tons of local vendors set up shop along with local musicals who have small stages set up in various areas.

Some east side street art I found on our way to the festival

Pecan Street Festival view 1

Pecan Street Festival view 2

Ricky and I  really had no intention of eating at the festival because nothing looked that great. It was all pizza and fried food and really greasy fair food. But then we stumbled on this little Venezuelan stand. They were making homemade grilled arepas with cheese and meat. We knew we needed a snack before dinner and these were perfect and sooooo good!

One of the many street performers we passed along the way

another one of the cool street performers
 Lastly, we met up with more friends ( Paige and Griffin) and tried out one of the restaurants featured during Restaurant Week. I'll be honest there were a few things at this place I was not sure about eating like- beef cheek and cow bone marrow. I was brave enough to try them, but I don't think they will be on my weekly meal plan anytime soon ; )


Where we went for dinner to experience restaurant week, it was delicious

I just had to take a picture of this drink when it came out. The presentation was great, and it tasted delicious ( or so Becca told me- it was her drink,lol)


Have a good week- Luv Di

No comments:

Post a Comment