Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Past week update

It may not be official yet, but summer is definately here! During this time of the year Austin becomes crazy busy. There are just so many things to do around here : )
Sorry  I didn't blog last week, but I just got caught up in all the summer festivities and things. Here is a recap of last week.

Not last Friday but the Friday before  we had a large group of ladies all get together for a fun night of drinks and dancing downtown. To say it was a blast would be an understatement ; )


All of us looking good at the start of the night

There was a little of this 


                                                                                And definitely a little bit of that                                                                         (sorry for the horrible pic but at this point photography was the least of my issues, ha ha) 

The next day Anna, Katie and I headed over to Kate's baby shower. It was so lovely and beautiful. Just like Kate! I am so excited to see baby Charlie in a few months!
Anna Katie and I at the shower

The amazing Noah's Ark that Kate's Mother  in-law made. It fitted the theme of the party perfectly.




On Monday night I was able to take Chloe out for a long couple of hours at the dog park. This park holds a special place in my heart as it was the first place that really made me fall in love with Austin.  I was here almost every day when I first moved to Austin with Chloe. It was beautiful that night, and so I was able to capture a  few great pictures at sunset.




Then on Wednesday Chloe and I packed up and head out for Blues on Green ( Ricky had to stay at work late and wasn't able to make it out). It's a free concert series that goes on every summer at Zilker Park in downtown Austin. A bunch of us got together and hung out for a few hours, and checked out the show.
Our view of the stage

Becca with Chaz and Claire's kids Henry and Charlotte



Next on Thursday I grabbed a  few drinks with my friend Michelle, and then  headed over to the Long Center with her. We went to watch a concert by the Tony Award winning actress Idina Menzel. I LOVE her as an actress, but I wasn't sure what to expect at her concert. She was so funny and charismatic! Also her voice was breathtaking. We both walked out of that show really impressed.

view from our seats before the show, but I was not allowed to take pictures during the show : (


Lastly on Friday we headed out to watch the FSU baseball game with the Alumni group.Then we  headed out to Houston the next morning. I'll have an update on that tomorrow. Have a great week! Luv-Di

No comments:

Post a Comment