Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Grilled Chicken Parmesan

This is a really easy go- to recipe for my house. Ricky is a little particular about what I cook especially if I go the healthy route, but he never complains about this healthy dish : )
It's fairly simple you just need the following:
Grill (duh but just a freindly)
aluminum foil
2 chicken breasts
3 tomatoes
1/2 white onion
3-4 garlic cloves minced
Italian seasoning ( 2 tablespoons, I have mix already made)
salt & pepper ( for seasoning in taste 1-2 teaspoons)
olive oil  ( 2-3 tablespoons)
light mozzarella cheese for garnishing 2-4 oz.
whole wheat angle hair past ( optional side) 1/2 box


I'll be honest I'm not the first one to share recipes. I usually improvise certain recipes I find online,  and cook with whatever I find on hand at home. So please feel free to add whatever you want to make this recipe your own, and don't hesitate to ask any questions that come up.

First you will need to pre heat the grill . Next, dice the tomatoes and onions and mix together in a bowl. Then add the Italian seasoning , minced garlic, and roughly around 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix them all together..

The next part is tricky because you need to packaged the mix in aluminum foil so that  it will all steam cook on the grill while the Chicken is grilling.  Basically you pull a 11 X 14 sheet of aluminum out; then fold up the sides slightly (about an inch) and pile the mixture into the center of the sheet. Then you will fold over the sides and basically wrap the mixture in there so that it can sit on the grill shelf as pictured below.

Once this is on the grill try not to move it as much as possible because the foil can be fragile and can easily get punctured ( juice goes every where and it's super messy- just trust me on this one) This should stay on the grill for at least 15 - 20 mins.

Next up is the easiest part, the chicken. I go really simple with preparing the chicken because all the flavor will be in the steamed tomatoes and onion mix. I simply sprinkle a little salt and pepper on each side of the breasts and add a little (for all you Rachel Ray fans) EVOO to each side since I was out Pam's grilling spay to keep them from sticking.


Sometimes the chicken takes a little longer than the veggies and other times I keep the veggies on the grill a little longer after I've taken the chicken off. It just depends, and so you need to watch them both.


Once the chicken is done, then I layer a few thin slices of mozzarella cheese on top of them and let it melt.  AND YOUR DONE! I also make a small pot of whole wheat pasta to mix in with the steamed veggies and chicken. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment