Friday, February 17, 2012

Mexican Sangria

picture curtsey of designsponge.com

  Today is all sorts of yuck. It's cold, wet and dreary outside. As you can see in my beautiful picture taken of our office parking lot today. Ugh, thank goodness these days are few and far between here in Austin.
 On days like this I tend to get a little home sick when I think about the awesome weather they have in my hometown of West Palm Beach, FL this time of year. For example, the picture I took below over Christmas break on a walk with my mom along Palm Beach.

So when I can't just hop onto my private jet and have my driver drop me off at the Breakers. I though everyone has these just waiting around?!( Just kidding!) The next best thing for me is to  get into a "tropical state of mind" instead. The best way I have found to do that is to have a drink  ( or two, ha ha). Responsibly of course ; )
This is a great twist on a go-to classic like Sangria.
Recipe and picture below from designsponge.com

Ingredients:
1 bottle of red wine
1 cup of tequila (I prefer to use 1800 Silver)
1/2 a cup of orange juice
1/2 a cup of brown  sugar
1/4 cup of fresh squeezed organic lime juice
1 sliced organic red apple  (and other fruit if you desire – raspberries, watermelon, oranges, mangos, etc)
Mixology:
In a pitcher mix the ingredients in the specific order listed above. Then add ice to chill.  The longer it sits in the pitcher the more flavorful it will be.  Using a little lime juice, give the glasses a nice brown-sugar rim and then serve and enjoy!
Happy Friday everyone- Luv D

No comments:

Post a Comment